Offering Guided Goose Hunting in Northern California, Maxwell California, and the Sacramento Valley.
Northern California is home to Specklebelly, Snow and Ross Geese. We often see grinds of birds in the tens of thousands.
Our Goose hunts are conducted out of PIT blinds and portable layout blinds in the Maxwell area, east and west of I-5.
2014/2015 Goose Season:
We only guide December 12, 2014 - January 20, 2015.
Please call to inquire.
We meet at 5:00 am and hunt until 11:00 am.
I take up to four hunters a day. We'll be hunting out of pit blinds located near the Delevan National Wildlife Refuge.
We also hunt out of layout blinds in order to follow the birds. The weather is cool & dry early in the season but as December & January rolls around its colder & very wet.
Gear you'll Need:
- Suggested firearm is 12 gauge with T-shot thru 2-shot
- Waterproof Camo (Dec./Jan.)
- Knee High Boots
You’ll be hunting over 1500 snow & speckled decoys as only decoying birds will be taken for a spectacular hunt. The birds are usually so close you can see the twinkle in their eyes.
Goose Season Bag Limit:
- 15 White geese per day
- 10 Dark geese per day
- 25 geese total per day
Our Policies (for all hunts):
- Reservations are required of all guests, either by phone or in writing
- Payment will be refunded if we are notified in writing a minimum of 30 days in advance of your trip date
- Prices are subject to change
- We reserve the right to cancel and refund your payment in case of emergency
- There will be no drinking of alcoholic beverages before or during the hunt
- Safety is stressed at all times, and no unsafe practices will be tolerated.
- Non-hunting guests are welcome for an additional fee
Please call for prices.
Click on images above to view larger size image
© Copyright 2014 Whifflemaster Taxidermy & Guide Service
Fully Licensed, Bonded and Insured - License No. 10584
Site Designed & Hosted by Double Dog Communications